For the 2018 season, we plan on releasing four tools. All of which will be made available to RotoViz subscribers. Additionally, the tools will be sold individually (and as a package) through our online store. More information will be available in the coming weeks. The goal is to have the preseason tools released in mid-June.
For those of you that would like to support me as well as make use of the excellent content and tools available at RotoViz please subscribe through one of the articles included on my author page.
Please note: the tools will only function on PCs or Macs running Microsoft Excel, mobile versions are not supported. It’s recommended that they are used with Excel 2010 or subsequent versions to ensure full functionality.
Pre-Season Research Tool
The 2018 Fantasy Stat Explorer is a sophisticated, Excel-based, research tool that provides you with a detailed overview of player performance from the last five seasons. The Explorer adds an increased level of context to player research and allows users to easily identify trends. The tool provides you with a number of key inputs for developing 2018 expectations. Historical projections including average stat-lines as well as low, median, mean, and high outcomes for over 350 players are included.
Key Data Points
- Historical ADP, PPG, and Season-Ending Ranks
- Counting stats for passing, rushing and receiving (yards, touchdowns, targets, etc.)
- Weeks in top 12, top 24, and top 36 at position
- Full game logs for the 2013 – 2017 season
- Advanced receiving stats provided by AirYards
- Efficiency stats such as targets per touchdown, points per attempt, and more
- 2017 breakaway rushing and receiving statistics
- Detailed breakdown of 2017 passing and receiving by location and distance
- Positional rankings for a variety of stats
- RotoViz tiers and average ADP
The 2018 Projection Builder is an advanced Excel spreadsheet that will help you create a set of well-developed fantasy projections much like the RotoViz Projection Machine. The tool employs a top-down approach and will ensure that you correctly allocate rushes, targets, and market shares while building your projections. You can quickly search the included historical team and player data to efficiently build projections for every NFL team. In addition to adapting to scoring settings, the tool provides an overview of the projection-building process. Results are aggregated into positional tabs that can be sorted, filtered, and printed. Projections created within the Projection Builder can be quickly loaded into the Draft Dashboard.
2018 Draft Dashboard
he 2018 Draft Dashboard is a fully customizable, Excel-based, fantasy drafting solution. Utilizing a streamlined interface, the Dashboard provides you with all pertinent data needed to make efficient, effective, and confident decisions. The tool capitalizes on a number of drafting concepts, such as positional scarcity and tier-based player evaluation, to provide you with a personalized drafting experience, updating analysis with every pick. The 2018 release features full-fledged mock drafts in which the computer will determine the players drafted by opposing teams.
The Dashboard is a sophisticated Excel spreadsheet. The entirety of the tool is housed within Microsoft Excel. In order for all functionality to execute properly, you will need to use a version of Excel 2010 or newer on a PC or Mac. The tool will not work on mobile versions of Excel.
- Accommodates leagues of 7 – 16 teams
- Both Snake and NFL Draft Orders
- Choose from a variety of sources for ADP Data
- Use our meticulously researched RotoViz tiers or input your own
- Designate roster size/positions and team nicknames
- Incorporate complex pre-draft trades
- Designate keepers
- No internet connection required
- Save multiple versions and configure for multiple drafts
- ADP and pre-populated tiers automatically update every time the file is opened
- Perform full-fledged mock drafts against the computer!
- Logic for 2-QB and Superflex leagues has been included in this year’s release
2018 Weekly Research Explorer
The 2018 Weekly Explorer is a sophisticated, Excel-based, research tool that will provide you with just about everything you could possibly need to make in-season managerial decisions – – setting lineups, playing the waiver wire, evaluating trades, streaming defenses, etc. The tool will be updated on a weekly basis and will allow you to identify player trends, stay on top of relevant fantasy statistics, identify players with increasing opportunity, determine upcoming strength of schedules, and understand how players are accumulating fantasy points. In addition to including DFS salary information, AirYards data, and game by game odds/lines, the Explorer will provide weekly GLSP Projections, overviewing historical ranges of outcomes for every relevant fantasy player.
During the season, updated versions of the file with statistics from the prior week will be posted to RotoViz on Wednesdays. Non-subscribers will be sent an email on Wednesdays including the updated file.